This Carbonara recipe is Dairy Free. If you are not worried about being Dairy Free, then simple replace Rice Milk with Single Cream.
Simple and Delicious Carbonara
Knob of dairy-free spread, butter if not Dairy Free
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
6 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
150ml Rice Dream or Oat Dream, single cream if not Dairy Free
1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
Chopped parsley to serve
1 Lemon or Lime, depending on your taste buds
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in a pan of boiling salted water with a little oil.
- Heat the dairy-free spread and oil in a small frying pan and cook the shallot, garlic and bacon for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Beat together the eggs and Oat Dream or Rice Dream with plenty of black pepper and the nutritional yeast flakes.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the frying pan, off the heat. Add the egg mixture and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Squueze in half lemon or lime, taste. If you need a little more zing squeeze in the other half
- Divide the mixture between bowls, garnish with parsley and season to taste.
Simple, Delicious Carbonara
Written by: Tim Capper
4.5 / 5 stars